Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lobotomies and Broasted Chicken

We were down at the Kalico Kitchen for chicken dinner this evening.  There was a movie decades ago entitled something like "If This Is Tuesday, It Must Be Belgium" about a tourist group hitting a certain place on the agenda on a certain day.

Around here if it is Tuesday that means that half the town will be down at the Kalico because on Tuesday they have the 2-for-1 broasted chicken special.  Not baked and not exactly roasted, but some kind of cooking process that produces a fantastic tasting, crispy-golden chicken that has all the flavor, but almost none of the calories, of fried chicken.  Ooooh-yeah!

So we are munching along, and Julie, our waitress, stops by to pass the time of day for a few quick moments.  She and David exchange pleasantries, and I nod from time to time.

Now David prides himself on knowing all the staff by name, and most of their children, too.  Lately, however, he apparently decided that is not enough of a memory-challenge; so he has moved on to their hobbies and other life activities.

Julie and my spouse exchanged comments regarding their mutual interest in blood-drives and donating blood. David proudly let her know that he had recently received his T-shirt and award certificate for donating fifteen gallons.  Yes, gallons!

As she walked away, David leans toward me and says, "You know she has another job, right?"

I nodded.

"Yep", he says sagely.  "In her other work, she does lobotomies."

Startled, I glanced up and quickly said, "Fluh, honey.  Fluh."

"Huh?"  he responded with a puzzled expression.

Exasperated, I emphasized quietly, "Fluh!  She is a phlebotomist.  She does not give lobotomies - thank goodness.  She draws blood - she does phlebotomy."

"That's what I meant."

Ri-i-i-i-ght.
                                         # # # # #
Hope you enjoyed a good piece of chicken this week.  And that you did not run into anyone giving lobotomies.  You can't be too careful about that! Until next time ~ Marsha

7 comments:

  1. That is so funny! The chicken looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You were in the ballpark, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This absolutely hit my funny button! I am still chuckling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness. I was frightened for a moment.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, you gotta stop this! I'm laughing out loud...and at my age, that could be dangerous!

    Fluh...priceless!

    Lately I think maybe I could use a lobotomy. Just shut my mind off for awhile - ya know?!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Marsha, How lovely to have you stop over for a visit on my Blog! I did go and read a few of your last posts! I think you should continue to write you have so much wisdom and you write it in such a way that it is funny and thought provoking and it lines up with scripture! Your blog feels homey and real and your not trying to sell me anything :o) And yes there are orange pansies her on earth and now I believe in Heaven also. At least this is what I believe my Mother was telling me!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was funny - sometimes I think I might need a lobotomy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete