Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Living a Perfect Day - Wrinkled Brows

Some of you may recall that I planned to implement a blog schedule in February of this year that would be something like:

Mondays - Wrinkled Brows

Tuesdays/Wednesdays - In Other Words

Thursdays/Fridays - Visiting Spots

.... also a series on my experiences in the corporate world, to be called A Christian in Corporate America.

Since I posted that schedule, as many of you know, a family illness necessitated another couple of cross-country journeys, several weeks away from home, and suddenly February was gone.

Now it looks like March will also be spent traveling.  We leave for Ireland tomorrow morning.  :)  Happy campers are we!

                                           * * *
Nevertheless, as a gesture of good faith on my planned blogging schedule when we return, here is a sample of what "Wrinkled Brows" will be like: a word or a quote, with commentary.

"Wrinkled Brows" - quote for the week:

"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who can never repay you." ~  John Wooden (famed basketball coach)
                                                * * *
When I read the quote above the first time, it just stopped me in my tracks.  We tend to think a "perfect day" would be all about a day filled with the people, things and experiences that we love most.

My daughter used to say as a child, whenever her day had gone particularly well, "This was my great day!"  It always warmed my heart because of the innocence with which she proclaimed it.

But as we grow older, and either wiser or just... older, we tend to lose track of the possibility of even having a "perfect day".  We are so busy working, coordinating schedules, meeting deadlines, checking homework, etc. that our goal is often just to be able to get to bed on time.  And even that eludes us.

We are caught up in the hurly-burly of the give and take of life.  Ah, but there is the rub.  We get into the habit of assuming that for every "give" there must also be a "take" - and that very attitude sometimes prevents us from enjoying what might have otherwise been a wonderful day.

It's just a thought.                     

                                            * * *            
Just wanted to let you know that I have not forgotten about the planned blogging schedule, and still hope to use it, once we are back from Ireland and into April.

Until then, I appreciate those of you who have stopped by to comment on the random articles I offer.  I also enjoy reading your posts as often as time allows. 

Tomorrow, I will write on In Other Words Tuesdays and then be offline for a couple of weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, those pesky blogging schedules! Just kidding. I understand the need for blogging with consistency, but I also understand the reality of life sometimes. :)

    Enjoy Ireland!

    ReplyDelete