Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What Have I Learned - Lately?

Some of us learn slowly, some quickly.  Some have creative, expansive, inquiring minds.  Others take each day as we find it and rarely question why.

Fifteen years ago someone sent me the following list of things that illustrate "what we learn through the ages"... hope some of them bring you a smile.  They did for me - that is why I still have the list all these years later.
                                               * * * * *

I've learned that I like my teacher because she cries when we sing to her.  Age 6

I've learned that you can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.  Age 7

I've learned that although it's hard to admit it, I'm secretly glad my parents are strict.  Age 15

I've learned that wherever I go, the world's worst drivers have followed me there.  Age 29

I've learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.  Age 39

I've learned that children and grandparents are natural allies. Age 46

I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater his need to cast blame on others.  Age 49

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.  Age 52

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die.  Age 58

I've learned that making a living is not the same as making a life.  Age 61

I've learned that we shouldn't go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands; we need to be able to throw something back.  Age 64

I've learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision.  Age 66

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. 
Age 75

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.  Age 92

                                       * * * * * *
What have you learned lately?  I'm still working on it .....

3 comments:

  1. "I've learned you can't eat ice cream every night and expect your waist not to inflate.". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh enjoyed this this morning...then I also thought..I hope I learn some of this earlier than the ages posted...I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that paying big bucks for a camera doesn't mean that you get a good one.

    ReplyDelete