boggle: to confuse or overwhelm the mind
One phrase that can almost always make me smile is: the mind simply boggles.
Perhaps your mind is not one which can be easily boggled. If not, good for you. But if you do occasionally find yourself a bit mind-boggled, take comfort. Here is a random list of things that boggle mine.
* * *
* The way my dog can eat, again...no matter how recently she has already eaten. Same goes for the LOC (Lovable Old Coot).
* The fact that every snowflake is unique. Can you imagine how incredible that is, even within just one snowbank? Then consider the Alps or the Rockies in winter.
* The cacophony of noise that can occur within my own head, even sitting in a quiet room.
* The way babies can amuse themselves watching dust motes in a ray of sunshine.
* The way a child can be a toddler one moment and graduating college two minutes later.
* The way a parent can tell a hungry cry from a scared or hurt cry.
Life is just full of these little mysteries, isn't it? Truly, the mind simply boggles.
Happy boggling to you today. ...Marsha