Somehow, a number of things that I used to think were funny, are now just too true for belly laughs. Besides, I try to avoid anything that might make my middle regions jiggle. It is undignified, if not downright unsightly.
And stuff I previously thought was hilarious, lately strikes me as nearly pitiful - or as my dad used to say "Pity-itty-ful" !
Be that as it may - the following are a few observations on the challenges of the "maturity season" of life. I cannot remember who first shared these with me. That is another "maturity challenge". I DO know that it is Tuesday. That's about all I know today.
Laugh at your own risk ....
# # # # #
- That gleam in your eyes is from the sun hitting your bifocals.
- Your little black book contains mostly names ending in M.D.
- You get winded playing chess or bingo.
- Your children begin to look middle aged. Now how can that be?
- You know all the answers, but nobody asks you the questions.
- You actually look forward to a dull evening.
# # # # #
Hope you are having a day filled with sunshine and smiles. The *LOC and I are looking forward to a dull evening - maybe listening to some old Eddie Arnold tunes. :) Until next time ...Marsha
(*Lovable Old Coot)