Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Rustling mulberry trees ...

Six months - or thereabouts.

Seems like yesterday - or a lifetime ago.

For nearly half a year I did not write.  

The date prior to this post shows the gap - but it does not show, cannot show, the living that occurred during those months.

The prayer, the planting, the promise.  

The prayer - a renewed focus on God.

The planting - a refreshing focus on gardening.

The promise - a rambunctious focus on gratitude.

This blog has been labeled "no longer active" for some time now. And this little missive could hardly be called activity.  However, I think I may hear the "rustling in the mulberry trees". 

In II Samuel 6:24 we read that God told his people to prepare for a victory when they heard the sound of an army going through the mulberry trees. (Some versions call them balsam trees.)

There is an old gospel chorus that goes -            

The move is on ... I hear the rustling in the mulberry trees, and I know, I know, I know the move is on.  
 
It is a symbolic stirring of activity, of hope, of the promise of good things to come. If it persists, I may just rejoin the conversation before much longer.

And if not, then I will simply continue to focus on what I have come to think of as my "year of God and gardening" with as much gratitude as possible.
                                   * * * * *
Happy belated Easter to you!  ~ Marsha

10 comments:

  1. Marsha, I'm really happy to see you back in Blog Land. Your unique sense of humor and the way you *look* at the world are really special. Looking forward to hearing how your life has been going!!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that you have been missed. Listen to the rustling, and communicate as you are moved to do. We are anticipating your writings again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to see a post from you again! Looking forward to seeing more from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how glad I am to see you back!! Really looking forward to hearing more from you. You have been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 2014 word, "rest" applies here. So glad you're back and I'm sure you have much to share from all that living!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy Joy Joy…I do hope you remain…active in the blogosphere! I must confess to very light activity myself around these here parts! Life is jam packed with new babies and our daughter's wedding at the end of May. Hopefully I can return and we can swap meet stories! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad yo see you back. Hope you continue with your stories as I enjoyed your writing. Keep rustling the mulberry trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Sunday School teacher mentioned Rusting in the Mulberry trees very recently. Your title reminded me... We've missed you...

    ReplyDelete