Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Little Corner of the World - In Other Words

“God is not concerned about what is around the corner.  He created the corner.”




Corners are funny things.  They must be interesting to us, because we have quite a few sayings that we associate with them.

"I believe she has turned the corner." This usually means someone has made some noticeable improvement or progress in either a long-standing dilemma or illness or project.  Something like that.

And then there is the saying about "blind corners" as in "You never know what's coming at you around a blind corner."  True, but then again, I rarely know what's coming at me anyway, even on the straight-aways.
And, of course, the old standby, "He has certainly painted himself into a corner this time."  Uh-huh, been there, done that.  Put myself in a position such that no matter which way I walked, I was going to make a mess. 

So today, I am really relieved that He created the corner in the first place, that He knows what is around it, coming at me, how to get me out of one I have boxed myself into, or how to help me turn the corner.

I have long known He was the God of light and dark, up and down, and this and that; but it is good to be reminded that He is also the God of corners.  My little corner of the world is better for it.  Hope your is, too.
                                            * * *
Be sure and join today's host, Deborah, at Chocolate & Coffee.

4 comments:

  1. I love all the cliches about corners. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about all those different references to the "corner." I agree with you, I'm much better off in life having God in my corner. Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How thankful I am that He is the God of corners too. I chuckled as I read your references too. And btw, I'm so glad to learn I'm not the only one who reads the last chapter first.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I needed that today to share with our grown kids who are facing unbelievable challenges. God is in their corner - though right now they feel they've been left alone to suffer in the corner.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete