Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Paradise Found

Paradise Found Wood SignWe are now officially living on "our half-acre of Paradise".  No, really, that is the name of the town we moved to last week, and we did buy a house on a half-acre lot.

I'll bet some of you thought I was kidding when I wrote about our half-acre of Paradise a few blogs back.

The town welcome sign says:  May you find Paradise to be all the name implies.

Yes, it is rustic.  So much so that it does not even have a Wal-Mart.  It is only a little mountain village.  It has no Red Lobster, but it has the ComeBack Diner.  It has no Olive Garden, but it has Annie's Country Kitchen. It does, however, have the Paradise Symphony which is playing next Saturday evening. How I wish I could attend.

If only I could, or rather if only the *LOC had time to show me how to get the pictures I have taken of our new surroundings onto this blog, I would be glad to share the view with you.  But alas, he is buried up to his neck in his office.  Poor man found a stapler and a pen yesterday and I could hear his "whoop" of elation all the way down the hall. (*Lovable Old Coot)

If that sounds a bit odd, you must remember that others helped us move; and when you do not pack and label and unload your own stuff, well, it can be a challenge finding things.  You may run across an egg timer, but hunt in vain for an entire box full of silverware.

The LOC gave Holly (she is an "only dog" and knows it) a bath yesterday in our handy-dandy new laundry room sink.  But then realized he had no idea where her brushes were - so she had to just air-dry and now she will have Lhaso-tangles until we can either: a) find the brushes or, b) get her to the groomer.  We have an appointment for her, but they could not fit her in until next week.  Holly is not best pleased.

The movers got a kick out of her "attitude" - basically she runs the household - and one of them commented with amusement, "But she pulls it off."  She does, indeed, and woe be to those of us with only two legs who try to interfere. A princess of the realm knows her prerogatives.

                                        * * * * *
Breaking news: (but no pictures at eleven, until I can get some instruction on that USB port/import/thingie)

A friend stayed with my son at his house the other night, so that I could go spend a night in our new home.  Oh joy!  As we sat in the living room with the patio door open late in the evening, I could hear the frogs and crickets chirping and singing away.  It was the most peaceful sound in the world and I smiled all the way to my toes.  I cannot remember the last time I could hear that sound at night.  In the city where we lived for the past twenty years, "night sounds" ran to sirens and helicopters circling overhead.

Next, I had the pleasure of waking up in my own bed for the first time in months, and the view from our master bedroom window ... well, words fail me, and that does not happen too often.

The sun breaking through the pine forest right outside our window.  Deer wandering around next door. Pinch me, I must be dreaming.

And then to top it all off, we received a call from the doctor's office telling us that ALL K.'s lab tests came back with good improvement this week!  Thankful, thankful, thankful ! 
                                           * * * * *
God is good - when we know it, when we forget it;
when we believe it and when we doubt it;
when we hope for it, when we lose hope;
when we succeed, when we fail;
when we laugh, when we cry;
when we love, when we fail to love;
when we remember to thank him and when we forget to thank him - God is good all the time.  All the time, God is good.

My understanding, or lack thereof, has no influence upon his goodness.  His goodness, however, has every influence upon my understanding.

God bless you, until next time ... your friend in Paradise - Marsha

18 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! Your new home sounds just about perfect. Great news about your son, too.

    And, I am glad our understanding of god has no influence on His goodness. Our minds would severely it. I thankful everyday for His infinite goodness and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely post. Your new home sounds like a little piece of 'Paradise'. It sounds absolutely lovely. I love your comment 'you smiled all the down to your toes' I must remember that one. :)
    Great news about your sons tests.
    I'm no expert on this computer by any means, but when you write your blog to post there is a button in the top part which has a picture on it (next to the link button) if you click that and can find your picture that is how you load it. I don't know if that helped you, I just read it back to myself and it doesn't sound very clear. I'm sure somebody else can explain that clearer than me though lol. I'd love to see some of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new location sounds wonderful and I am so glad you got to sleep in your own bed......I can't wait to see pictures.....soon girl.....we want to see what you are talking about.....

    I am also very glad that your son's tests came back with improvement...I know that makes all of you very happy......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha I'm so glad the news was good about your son. Blessings abound for you today! New home...new town...favorite environment..and your LOC whooping and cheering. Now that is Paradise!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. A most enjoyable post! My, your new town of Paradise sounds so very beautiful and charming. How nice to move from the din of a city to the peaceful sound of chirping crickets and birds. Currently, my husband and I are busy building a home out in the country. We can't wait to move out of bustling, congested Chicago. May your time spent in Paradise be blissful!

    Also, a very gracious thank you for leaving such kind remarks on my blog. I've enjoyed reading wonderful blog and will definitely visit often. You are a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an encouraging post! So glad things are looking up in all areas. Please continue to take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes He is!! SO glad about good news for K... and I DO know where Paradise is, I'm a California & Texas girl at heart, and I love both places. You are in such a beautiful part of California. My husband goes to Grass Valley every year to do a show, and he loves it too! Enjoy those birds and frogs and all the beautiful sounds of the country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so very happy for you!! Your joy simply sings out through your words! And I must say I LOVE the term LOC!!!! TOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post! I am just about to go to sleep and this was a great way to end the day. And you are right, God is so very good.

    Enjoy Paradise! lol
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you got good news from the doctor, and I'm just as happy to hear you're enjoying your new home. It sounds beautiful and I'm sure it'll be perfect as soon as you find all of your things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS: Are you in Paradise, CA? I listen to an internet radio station every day while I work that is broadcast from there: It's called Radio Paradise, oddly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sure does sound like paradise and I'm glad you could spend the night there. I hope you will soon be there full time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new home and getting in it! I love this: My understanding, or lack thereof, has no influence upon his goodness. His goodness, however, has every influence upon my understanding. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting that you were able to enjoy a night in your new home. It sounds like it's set amidst idyllic surroundings. I hope you're able to move in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a wonderful post.. and I think I know exactly how you feel... I hope your son gets well enough for you to be home every night.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you are finally moved in! The town sounds very nice. Is it like a Mitford novel? When you can figure out the pictures, I look forward to seeing some photos.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. To All - thanks for you fun feedback.

    Karen, Yes, it is Paradise, California.

    Debbie - Not sure if it is like a Mitford village, as I have not yet spent enough time there. But Jan Karon is one of my all-time favorite writers, and I actually got to visit the town she based Mitford upon, last year. It was beautiful. :)
    Blessings to you all - Marsha

    ReplyDelete