Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

My Assigned Portion - Wrinkled Brows

Wrinkled Brows: A Monday series on quotations or word definitions of interest (perhaps only to me.)

Portion: an individual's part or share of something; a share received by gift or inheritance; one's share of good and evil.

Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup. (Psalm 16:5 NIV)

When skies are blue and days are bright - Lord, you have assigned me my portion ...

When nights are long and sleep is a wistful hope - Lord, you have assigned me my portion ...

When budgets are tight and bills are large - Lord, you have assigned me my portion ...

When generous gifts and inheritance comes my way - Lord, you have assigned me my portion ...

When I stepped onto stages and sang to hundreds - Lord, you have assigned me my portion ...

When I sing quietly, alone, with only You to listen - Lord, you have assigned me my portion ...

When I had a strong position and much authority - Lord, you have assigned me my portion ...

When I was weak and no one listened, but You - Lord, you have assigned me my portion ...

When I am in great need, and do not see a way forward - Lord, you have assigned me my portion ...

When I have sound assurance that You will meet my every need - Lord, you have assigned me my portion.  Selah - So be it.

                                                                     # # # #
"...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation ..." Colossians 4: 11-12 (NIV)

Hope your portion today is a good one.  Until next time ...Marsha

3 comments:

  1. Thank you... I have tried to always be content, but your putting into a daily context is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was sooooo good.
    Yes, we all do have "our portion".
    Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful thoughts, Marsha! Thanks for sharing them. I have been through a turbulent few years since our move to the southwest. I think I am learning from all these changes to be thankful for my portion.

    ReplyDelete